Financial Information Services Financial Information and Services

The University of Chicago

Office of the Comptroller

Form Name:

Student Casual Payment Request Form

Form Number:

UPP 183S


Used to process payments to University of Chicago Students including Laboratory School students who are expected to work no more than two pay periods within a three-month period. Do not use this form to process one-time payments to Staff employees. Instead use the Staff One Time Payment Request Form.


  • The individual must be a University of Chicago or Laboratory School student.
  • Only two forms for an individual will be accepted per executive level within a three-month period. When in doubt, check with the Payroll Department, in advance, to see if the individual can be paid on this form.
  • The form must reflect only the hours worked during the specified pay period. Hours worked over several pay periods should never be combined on a single form.
  • The daily time record (IN and OUT times and DATE(s) the employee provided services) must be noted on the form.
  • The hourly rate of pay must be at least the State's minimum wage.
  • When submitting a lump sum payment, a brief description explaining the services or duties performed by the individual must be attached.
  • Only one FAS account can be charged per form. Submit multiple forms if the hours worked during the pay period must be split between two or more FAS accounts.
  • Each form must be signed by both the student employee and appropriate administrator (usually the student employee's supervisor). The individual approving the payment should have some means of verifying that the time reported by the student is accurate.
  • When the employee's signature cannot be obtained write the words "Not Available "in the signature field and state the reason on the front of the form; e.g. "student was ill."
  • The following forms must be attached for all payments:

Submit Form To:

Payroll Department, Mott Building Room 319, by the posted deadline.