Financial Information Services Financial Information and Services


The University of Chicago

Office of the Comptroller

Form Name:
Travel Expense Envelope
Form Number:
Form PF3.381.31-1198
Used by the traveler to accumulate receipts and record daily expenses while traveling. Refer to Financial Policy 1202, Travel and Traveler's Tips for more detail.
It is recommended that all travelers, including visitors take the Travel Expense Envelope and Traveler Expense Short Form (Form PF3.381.3-1198) with them to gather receipts and record daily expenses.
  • Prior to taking a trip, travelers should consult the unit that is providing funding to see if the unit has requirements that are more restrictive than University policy. Individual units of The University may establish procedures which require a greater degree of documentation of expenses than stated in the policy 
  • After completing a trip, the traveler should fill in the "List total reimbursement amount here:" section and sign the envelope. The traveler’s signature is not required on a Travel Expense Voucher (TEV), as long as both the total reimbursement dollar amount and signature are present and the envelope is submitted with the TEV form. 
  • The travel expense envelope does not replace either Financial Policy 1202 on Travel or the requirement to fill out a Travel Expense Voucher.
Submit Form To:
Purchasing and Payment Services/Travel Desk, 6054 S. Drexel, Suite 400. If you have questions contact the Payment Services Help Desk at 2-5372.
Where Obtain Form:
Office Max, A Boise Company